There are many ways to learn Egyptian Dance and all of them can be fun, mind & heart opening paths.
You can join Joana Saahirah´s Online Dance School and become a part of our international dance community or you can subscribe to Joana Saahirah´s workshops around the world. Soon, you´ll also be able to take part in the Joana Saahirah´s Retreat (more info, soon).
These two formats are created for groups. Although you take great value from them, the programs aren´t built around your specific character, needs, and goals. They´re thought for the collective.
If you want a PERSONALIZED TRAINING created around YOU and what you wish to manifest IN YOUR DANCE AND IN YOUR LIFE, the solution is Joana Saahirah´s Private Coaching.
This Coaching Program is adapted to every level, from beginner to Intermediate/Advanced students.
Bonus Features offered to students:
- A SECRET FACEBOOK GROUP where extra learning material, homework, class scheduling, questions, and inspirations will be shared between sessions/classes, is offered to students who subscribe to the 15-hours class package.
- You´ll receive Joana Saahirah´s EMBRACE YOUR UNIQUENESS (IN DANCE, AS IN LIFE) BOOKLET.
- You´ll have access to a BONUS VIDEO and a QUESTIONARY that´ll set you on the right track and allow you to build a CLEAR and STRUCTURED action plan to achieve your goals.
What happens when you subscribe to a Private Coaching Session (or Sessions):
- You receive an EMAIL CONFIRMATION from Joana Saahirah confirming your subscription.
- You´ll be asked to send your AVAILABLE SCHEDULE for the booking of your sessions as well as your time zone.
- You´ll receive Joana´s confirmation of the BOOKED CLASSES according to your available.
- You´ll be provided with Joana´s Skype identity so you can add yourself (these sessions/classes happen via skype).
- You´ll receive a BONUS VIDEO, a QUESTIONARY, and Joana Saahirah´s “Embrace your Uniqueness (in Dance, as in Life) Booklet” only offered to her Private Coaching Students.
- After you´ve watched the Video and answered the Questionary, you´ll start your learning journey. You can read the booklet as you go through the sessions/classes.
- Homework will be required and extra learning material will be provided from the moment you start your learning journey until its end.
- You´ll have Joana´s orientation during the whole process. More than just a teacher who shares material with you – dance technique, choreographies, musicality, history, and more -, you´ll have a JOURNEY COMPANION holding your hand, side by side, making sure you feel safe, thriving, and safe whilst diving into unknown territory.
“Learning with Joana through her Online classes was an experience that challenged me on many levels as a dancers and a researcher of oriental dance. Don’t expect “I show you, you repeat” type of class. You may expect questions that will make you rethink your way of seeing oriental dance, useful feedback that is concentrated on your dance technique and expression, expect homework and hard work but also fun, joy and transformation. In our few lessons I got connected to many various inspiring sources -it is never just about dance, in her words, and I agree. The most valuable thing that I got was this wide perspective that she offered to me as a teacher, it encouraged me to look for my own connections and meanings. I am grateful for that.”
Sonja Antanasijevic, Germany
” She is a really *magical* dancer and teacher, my understanding of Egyptian dance ( and my dance) has been trans-formative, deepened, since taking ONLY her online classes! She develops each class personal based on your needs that are visible (and invisible) to you. What you think you know, you really have no idea! I don’t even know how to begin without writing a novel. I can only imagine what her live classes/workshops are like!”
Yara Dance, Savannah (USA)
“Taking online classes with Joana Saahira has allowed me to fall even more in love with Oriental dance than I thought possible. As a teacher, Joana doesn’t teach steps, she cultivates artists. She expects nothing less than your authentic self in every move, and she is a living example of that integrity. Don’t get me wrong, she can break down a shimmy with the best of them, but connecting you to the purpose behind that shimmy is where Joana truly shines as a teacher. Whether in class or on stage, she is unapologetically creative and alive. Not only does she dance outside of the box, but she respects the hell out of that box, too! From our first class, Joana has pinpointed exactly what I needed and laid out exercises and inspirations to get me there. I truly look forward to my practice these days, which is often self-discovery. Learning from Joana is the most serious kind of fun. Thank you, Joana!”
Heather Henna Louise, Portland (USA)
“To study Egyptian dance with Joana Saahirah is to embark on an incredible personal journey — a journey of self discovery, re-education and expansive growth. This is not a course of study for those who are game to join the “belly dance bandwagon” or those simply looking to spice up their exercise regimen. It is not for the weakhearted, you will find yourself nudged (gently, thoughtfully) outside comfort zones in order to ensure your progress. Warning: boldness and courage may be required!
Aimed at achieving a fundamental change in our understanding of and relationship to Oriental dance, Joana’s coursework is extensive, holistic. Her courses include (but are certainly not limited to) re-learning/re-thinking the basics of Oriental dance, understanding the soul of Egypt and its people, knowing the role(s) of Egyptian dance within cultural and spiritual contexts (both modern and historical), finding the relationships between movement, stillness and geometry, exploring sensualism, musicality and the relationship(s) between dance, other art forms and life.
At their core, Joanna’s private lessons are about the very personal process of unfoldment; an alchemical journey toward an artful embodiment of dance — a journey back to self, back to the artist within. Along the way you may rediscover the tender balance between expansive motion and quiet calm. Throughout you will find an atmosphere of authenticity. Joana’s teaching is about discovering your own answers, taking your own path of discovery to the heart of Oriental dance that resides within yourself and then having the audacity to embrace it, nourish it, share it.
In two months of study with Joanna I have experienced as much growth as I have in the last two years of studio classes. More importantly however, is the unique synthesis, context and connections I now understand by learning in this special way. My very personal journey has purposefully, artfully meandered as easily from Bauhaus to Glenn Gould to the Dionysian Mysteries as it has from Baladi to Tarab to Mawal. As Joanna repeats like a mantra, “It’s all connected.” What an incredible ride… what an incredible gift.”
Justine Riekena, Alaska (USA)
Thanks to every dancer/student who trust me and my vision and makes my life richer just by knowing them. You rock my world!