Whenever I prepare to launch a new year, I look back and focus on the things I´m most GRATEFUL for in the year that´s coming to an end. I see it as preparing the ground for new, better, more loving fruits.
If we start a new year with resentments, anger, and negative vibes, those are the seeds we´re planting in the upcoming days and months. Why would we plant rotten seeds in a ground that we hope will bear delicious fruits? That, as many other questions, is a part of our human idiosyncrasies (let´s face it:
we´re batshit crazy we don´t make sense, most of the time).
Instead of counting problems – or challenges, as I prefer to call them -, I count my blessings and I SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME.
- Here´s a sample of my personal 2018 GRATITUDE LIST – I hope it inspires you to grab a paper and a pen and create your own.
- I´m grateful for my health and the health of my loved ones.
- I´m grateful for having found the Love of my Life, the man of my dreams; grateful for our love, our evolution; the blooming of our relationship.
- I´m grateful for the peace inside and around me.
- I´m grateful for the success and growth of Joana Saahirah´s Online Dance School, one of the most exciting things I´ve ever done professionally, and for the fact that it has educated and empowered many fabulous women from around the world.
- I´m grateful for the amazing trips I´ve made, the first I didn´t take exclusively for work – Morocco, Bali, Malaysia, East-Timor, Holland and more.
- I´m grateful for having a safe ceiling upon my head, food on the table, and people who love me and care for me at arm’s length.
- I´m grateful for the NEW DREAMS that were born and old ones which turned into reality.
- I´m grateful for my NEW BOOK – “Behind the Curtain” – which is about to come out.
- I´m grateful for the inspiration, the creativity, the faith, and the passion in my life.
- I´m grateful for having survived natural catastrophes, painful challenges, and tests.
- I´m grateful for the sky, the oxygen, and all the – visible and invisible – blessings that surround me on a daily basis.
- I´m grateful for my growth as an Artist and, mostly, as a Human Being.
- I´m grateful for BEING ALIVE.
Let the NEW YEAR & the MAGIC begin…