Egyptian Dance is not about gathering movements and information – it´s about knowing HOW TO USE THOSE MOVEMENTS AND INFORMATION.
See it as a Language (because it is):
First, you learn the letters (simple movements)
Which turn into words (more elaborate movements)
Which turn into phrases (dance phrases)
Which eventually turn into a full story (a dance piece which speaks about the music and your own life).
In our NEW Online Course – “How to create my first Egyptian Dance Choreography” -, we´ll bring the words and the simple phrases together to start DANCING. Actually dancing, not just stitching empty movements to each other.
We´ll use the dance vocabulary learned in the courses “Egyptian Dance ABC & Creative Awakening” – Levels 1,2,3,4, available at Joana Saahirah´s Online Dance School, and we´ll bring that vocabulary to life with one of the most beautiful, romantic, and iconic songs of the Egyptian Music repertoire:
“Fi youm we leyla” by Warda al Jazairia.
After learning the ABC, you have to learn how to SPEAK from your heart and that´s exactly what we´ll do in this course.
Here´s what you´ll get in this course:
1. Authentic Egyptian Dance Technique
2. An introduction to Warda al Jazairia´s music
3. How to connect the dance movements and steps we´ve learned in the previous courses – Egyptian Dance ABC & Creative Awakening – Levels 1,2,3,4 – and build a full, gorgeous, soulful authentic Egyptian Dance choreography to the iconic song
“Fi Youm we Leyla” by Warda
4. Tips for Choreographing – some of the secrets I´ve learned from the Master “Mahmoud Reda”, the founder of the legendary “Reda Troupe”.
5. How to be more EXPRESSIVE & SOULFUL in the way you communicate – in dance, as in life.
6. You´ll have access to 7 LIVE & RECORDED classes you can view, and review, for as long as our school exists as well as exclusive BONUS MATERIAL created by Joana Saahirah for this course.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Even if you miss the live classes, you´ll have access to the class recordings.
Here ´s what you can do to subscribe:
1.Go to www.powhow.com and LOG IN with your email & password.
If you don´t have a Powhow account yet, you can create it by introducing your email and a password of your choice.
2. Go to the SEARCH BOX and write the name of the course you wish to purchase. The system will lead you through from there. Or Log into your Powhow account and copy-paste the following link: http://www.powhow.com/packages/joana-saahirahs-dance-studio/how-to-create-your-first-egyptian-dance-choreography
3. From the moment we start our live classes (check the schedule at the school), you can join us or/and enjoy the class recordings for as long as our school exists (we plan on existing for a really long time!).
4. If you need assistance regarding the contents of the course, or courses, you´ve subscribed to, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need technical assistance, contact Powhow´s team at email@example.com
Check out this Introduction to “How to create my first Egyptian Dance choreography”: