Having a GRATITUDE JAR, an actual jar where I stick handwritten notes on the things I´m grateful for, has changed my life. Little things, such as a jar, can do that.
We´re so obsessed with our problems, the parts of our lives which are not as we envisioned them, we forget to look around and recognize the blessings that surround us. When we shift our focus from lack to ABUNDANCE – what we do have right now -, Magic starts to happen. Insivible as it may be, it´s still Magic. Believe me, it can be a game changer.
Here´s a short list of the things I´m most grateful for in 2017:
- My health and the health of my loved ones, as well as the temporary loss of my health, while on tour in USA & Canada!, as a result of not taking time to take care of myself and rest like any normal human being.
- Safety; a roof above my head, comfortable clothes to wear, a warm bed to sleep in; organic, abundant, healthy and delicious food on my plate, wherever I am.
- Peace of mind.
- Silence and Music.
- Returning to my Ashtanga Yoga practice.
- Meditation – 15 minutes of guided meditation (Giant Mind App – recommended) after my Yoga practice. Another life changer.
- My work trips around the world – another year filled with shows, workshops and lectures around the globe.
- The creation, and success, of my NEW Joana Saahirah´s Online Dance School.
- The period when I lived in the midst of Nature – from October 2016 until October 2017 -, in the heart of Portugal, between mountains and river. The perfect spot to recenter, filter and clean the internal house. The perfect spot to die and be born, again.
- New inspirations; new books running through my finders directly into the page.
- New friends, and enemies, made. I used to believe everybody would love me if I was a good, honest, kind person, but people are more complicated than that. Being the best at your job doesn´t assure you the spotlight; being the best human being you can be doesn´t assure you universal acceptance. And the more you shine, the more you´ll attract envy, competition and other sorts of dark reflections. I´ve learned it the hard way and I´m grateful for it.
- The presence of loved ones in my life.
- The Passion, the Pleasures, the bubble baths, the movies, the conversations and a wide range of small, almost imperceptible, joys that make life a really wonderful experience.
- Last, but not the least, my inoccence (often mistaken by stupidity). I´ve managed to protect it from cynicism, so far, and I hope I´ll keep doing it until I die.
I suggest you make your own 2017 Gratitude List and please-please-please, get yourself a GRATITUDE JAR for 2018 where you can keep gratitude notes on a weekly, or daily, basis.
Wishing YOU the happiest, most expansive, loving 2018!