I live in the now.
Nostalgy, looking back and whining about how things were is not my style. I believe the best moment is always NOW. But, every once in a while, it´s good to gather our bearings and feel gratitude for the abundance that lays before us.
This time around, Facebook did the job. The album of life it provided shows a very small part of the last few years of my life but, oh boy!, such a delicious one. When I look at each of the selected photos I can´t stop smiling. The words THANK YOU started to pour from my mouth on automatic mode.
Enjoy the ride, from left up till down right:
- The first photo was taken during a show in Spain where I performed and taught.
- The second photo was taken by Yara, a dear student, dancer and my sponsor in Savannah, Georgia, USA where I performed, lectured and taught.
- The third photo shows me with Sweetie, one of my angels. Pure love.
- The fourth photo was taken by my mum, in Portugal, in her garden after coming from a television interview (the make-up artist was superb)
- The fifth photo was taken during a show in Thessaloniki, Greece where I performed and taught.
- The sixth photo was taken in Spain where I performed and taught.
- The seventh photo was taken in Venice, Italy, after teaching in the mountains of Slovenia (yes, life can be really and I mean really wonderful).
- The eighth photo was taken in Oxford, England, while I was studying there. English Literature and Creative writing at Christ Church college, one of the happiest experiences of my life.
- The last two photos were taken during a rare vacation week in Portugal with loved ones. One of my ex-boyfriends had come from Egypt to visit me, I had the whole family and my best friend with me. Life was (is) perfect.
Gratitude mode is not an option anymore. It´s an obvious must.